Welcome to the new addition to the Party Ease Blog, Foodie Fridays! We love food at Party Ease HQ and a party is nothing without food and especially cake!
Every Friday we will be sharing recipes, themed food ideas and anything else food related! Plus it is a great time to launch with the return of the Great British Bake Off which started again on Tuesday – what was everyone’s thoughts?
Today’s recipe is Refrigerator cake.
Technically it is not a cake, but it is equally yummy. Plus takes no time at all to make, no baking required and is a great recipe for children to get involved with.
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 300g melted chocolate – this can be a mix of dark and milk
- 100g melted butter
- 150g golden syrup
- Line a 20cm square tin with cling film, leaving extra cling film overlapping the sides (this will make removing the cake from the tin a lot easier)
- Place biscuits in a plastic bag and bash the biscuits into small pieces – stop before it gets to crumbs
- Melt chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stir occassionally
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and stir in the biscuits
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down
- Leave to cool and then place in the fridge to set for around 1-2 hours
- Turn the cake out of the tin and remove the cling film. Cut into squares and enjoy!
This is a basic recipe which you can personalise and make it your own. For example: by adding some dried fruit, marshmallows, changing the type of biscuits to even adding some of your favourite chocolate coated sweets. The options are endless!
Happy baking and don’t forget to share any photos of your bakes with us.