Foodie friday | Lets get spooky & Foodie
Halloween is normally associated with sweets and a lot of sweet based treats, so I thought I would post a savoury recipe today for us all to try.
Halloween Spider Pizzas | These would be great to serve at a Halloween Party – or even for tea before going out Trick or Treating.
- 1 Pack Pizza Base Mix
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 120ml Tomato sauce or passata
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 150g Mozzarella
- 25g-50g Parmesan, grated
- 4 large black pitted olives
- 6 small slices of chorizo or salami
- Make the Pizza base according to the instructions on the box, or you could use a ready made dough and just use this straight from the box. If using the pack mix, once mixed knead for 2 minutes or until smooth. Place in a bowl, cover with cling film and leave it to rise in a warm area for at least 1 hour & doubled in size. Once made mix the passata with the garlic.
- Heat the oven to as hot as it will go. Dust 2 baking sheets with the flour. Split the dough into eight, then roll 4 little balls into thin, rough circles. Lift onto the floured trays. Smear a thin layer of tomato sauce on top of each and scatter over the mozzarella and Parmesan,
- Halve each olive and put 4 halves cut side down on four pizzas – these are the spider bodies. Cut the rest of the olive halves into thin strips, then arrange on either sides of the bodies to look like legs.
- Put four pieces of chorizo or salami on the other 4 pizzas bases. Cut the remaining pieces into thin strips to use for the legs of the spiders.
- Bake each tray for 12 mins or until the cheese starts to melt and look golden and melted.
Any of the ingredients can be changed to those that you might like better. For example: sliced peppers instead of the olives, ham instead of salami
Don’t forget to share your Halloween Spider Pizzas with us over on our social media pages.